In addition to supporting Facebook Mobile App Install Ads, Apsalar also allows you to track your Facebook Mobile App Ads for Engagement. Apsalar, as a Facebook Mobile Measurement Partner, helps you track re-engagement referrals from Facebook and subsequent user engagement and monetization of these users in your mobile app.
To setup tracking for Facebook Re-engagement Tracking:
Ensure you've enabled basic Facebook Attribution Tracking for your applicable application.
Please note we separate basic attribution and re-engagment tracking for Facebook to ensure that users only enable re-engagement tracking when running Facebook Mobile App Ads for Engagement, as doing so without running Facebook re-engagement campaigns can lead to reporting discrepancies.
Configure a postback to Facebook from your Apsalar account:
- Navigate to the Postback URL tab on Attribution Tracking page
- Click the Create New Postback button
- On the resulting Create New Postback page, configure a postback with the following options:
- Postback Recipient: Facebook
- Application: Select applicable application
- Event Type: 'Custom event'
- Select 'Start Session' from the resulting drop down menu
- The following options will be selected automatically after making the selections above:
- Postback Status: Active
- Attribution Rules: 'Send all events from all sources'
- eventname: fb_mobile_activate_app
- Click the Create Postback button in the bottom right
Please note: To avoid possible reporting discrepancies, you should pause your Facebook start session postback if you stop your Facebook re-engagement campaigns.
You can begin monitoring your campaigns in the Traffic Report. Each reengagment attributed to a Facebook Mobile App Ads for Engagement will automatically be reported based on the Campaign Name, Ad Set, and Ad Group Name created in Facebook's Platform. These attributions will be reported with an Attribution type of Re-engagments.
If you have any further questions regarding Facebook Re-engagement Tracking, please contact Apsalar's Product Support Team.