About this Guide
By becoming a fully integrated ad network partner with Apsalar, Apsalar's advertisers will be able to generate pre-configured attribution tracking tags for install and re-engagement** campaigns with your ad network's custom macros. For conversion tracking, Apsalar has features that can report any installs attributed to these campaigns back to your ad network via postbacks. Configuring these postbacks for your network will be simple for the advertiser to implement with our postback template system. Lastly, our partner publisher portal will allow you view high-level data and health of the campaigns you are running with your advertiser.
Becoming an Integrated Ad Network With Apsalar
If your network is looking to integrate with Apsalar for the first time, the below can help you prepare for what to expect before you reach out to us. If your network is already integrated with Apsalar, but you would like to verify or update your integration with us, please email support.
For sample attribution tracking tag and postback template implementations, see here.
For more information on the partner publisher portal and its capabilities, see here.
Preparing for IntegrationDepending on your network's needs, supported features, and supported platforms, you will need the following for the Apsalar network integration process:
- Your network’s macros for values can passed in the attribution tracking click URL
- Your network’s install and post-install postback templates
- Test devices (iOS and Android) and their device IDs or advertising IDs
The Integration ProcessOnce you're ready to begin the integration process, please proceed with the following steps:
1. Contact Apsalar Support
2. The Questionnaire
Using the provided questionnaire, provide Apsalar with:
- Your Network's Macro formats for device information (if available) and campaign data
- Your Network's required passthrough parameters
- Your desired postbacks. Three types are currently supported:
- Install Postback - Notification of attributed installs
- Revenue Event Postback - Notification of revenue events for attributed traffic
- Custom Event Postback - Notification of a user's custom event for attributed traffic
To see the available values which Apsalar can provide in each postback, please see this table. It's important to note that any value can be passed back via the postback if designated as a passthrough parameter.
After submitting your questionnaire responses, please reply to Apsalar support notifying our team of your questionnaires submission. We will then review your responses and get back to you if we have any questions. Once we're all set, our team will perform the integration.
3. Testing the Integration
After our team completes the integration on our side, we will send test instructions for our test apps and test attribution tracking tags for the requested platforms.
You can then traffic these test URIs on their network and using the test application(s) and device(s), perform a successful installation of the test app(s).
Apsalar will provide specific testing instructions for your network, but below you will find sample test instructions for iOS and Android platforms:
Android Test Instructions
- Traffic the provided test attribution tracking tag on the Ad Network's ad server, after filling in the required parameters. Here's an example of an attribution tracking tag:
- On the designated testing device, click the ad and download the test app from Google Play.
- FYI, the Android app is located at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.apsalar.prod.accountmanager
- Start the Apsalar ID Manager application.
- Validate a postback has been sent to the Ad Network's designated conversion endpoint. Here is a sample postback URL with Apsalar's macros:
iOS Test Instructions
- Traffic the provided attribution tracking tag on the Ad Network's ad server, after filling in the required parameters. Here's an example of an attribution tracking tag:
- On the designated testing device, click the ad and download the test app from iTunes store.
- Start the Balloon Jump app.
- Validate a postback has been sent to the Ad Network's designated conversion endpoint. Here is a sample postback URL with Apsalar macros:
Please Note: Should a second test be required, please use a fresh test device.
4. Verify Test Results
**Apsalar requires device/advertising IDs to be available for tracking re-engagement clicks.