Apsalar's Trending Analysis page allows you to compare user behavior and other metrics across specific time frames.
Comparing Instrumented Events for Multiple App Versions
If you are looking to compare instrumented events across application versions, simply select the application versions you want to compare and the instrumented event as the metric. For example:
You can view the Trending Analysis by selecting View Full Trending Report from the Trending Dashboard component or by selecting Trending Analysis from the ApScience side navigation menu.
There are a number of parameters that you can select in order to view specific trending reports:
- Granularity – Sets the time period for viewing your data. You can select to view your data aggregated by day, week, or month.
- Date Range – Allows you to choose the start and end date of the data that you are viewing.
- View –There are 2 available views for trending reports:
- Count – Selecting Count will show you data based upon actual counts for the metric. For event related metrics you will see the number of times that event occurred for all of the users; for user related metrics you will see a count of the users; for session related metrics you will see a session count.
- Baseline — Selecting Baseline will show you the percentage change over time of a metric’s count against a baseline count set at the start of the chosen date range. If the baseline count at the start of the date range is zero, then you will not see any data for the baseline report for that metric. Note that if you choose more than one metric there will be a single normalized baseline for all of the metrics as a group.
- Application/Metric/Segment –You can choose between 1-5 application/metric/segment combinations to be used in the report.
- First select a specific application or all applications.
- Once you have done this, you will be able to see the available metrics. If you select all applications you will only be able to look at system metrics across all of the applications. If you select a specific application, you will be able to look at any of the system metrics collected for that application, as well as data for instrumented events for that application. The following system metrics are available (NOTE: ApScience will record all of these events for you without any additional event instrumentation, just by installing the SDK and integrating it into your applications.):
- Unique Users
- First Time Users
- Repeat Users
- Number of Sessions
- Sessions per User
- Median Session Length
- ARPU (Average Revenue per User)
- You can also choose a segment to look at trending data for a specific segment. You can select First Time Users, Repeat Users, or any global segment that you have created (see Managing Segments).
Once you select your parameters, you will see data for your trending report. The following is an example of a trending report using the Count view:
The legend on the right hand side shows the metrics and their associated color. Hovering over a data point displays their values. Hovering over a metric in the legend will show you the numeric scale for that metric. In certain cases, different metrics may have the same values and cover lines for some metrics.
The following is an example of a trending report using the same application events and the Baseline view:
Below the trending graph, you will see a drop down menu allowing you to select a specific metric and to view a detailed report table for that metric. The report will match the granularity, time period, and segment selected for the overall trending report